Blade-Type Self Cleaning Filters
Vorti-Siv self-cleaning filters have been designed specifically to provide efficient filtration while minimizing both disruption to flow and liquid loss during the element cleaning process. The high quality stainless steel wedge-wire element is highly effective in removing contaminant particles as small as 25 microns. Cleaning is carried out by rotating the element against fixed scraper blades which remove debris from the surface of the element, this is in turn drained from the base of the filter. The filter is available for either manual or fully automatic operation. The range of optional control devices makes it particularly suitable for continuous processes and for service with high contamination levels.
- Size range 3/4″ (20mm) to 12″ (300mm) for flow rates up to 18000 litres/min.
- Standard elements provide filtration of 25, 50, 100, 200, 500 or 1000 microns.
- Suitable for all types of liquids including high viscosities. Integral heating jacket available on request.
More about Self Cleaning Filters on PDF
“Please see our UK based partners for additional filtration information”.
- Models DN 40 – 80 (3/4″ -3″) available in detachable head and vessel form suitable for working pressures of up to 14 bars (200 P.S.I.) and flow rates up to 1500 litres/min.
- HP Models 200, 300, 400 and 600 (2″-6″), as illustrated, are cast construction for working pressures up to 20 bars and flow rates up to 3000 litres/min.
- Models 800, 1000, 1200 (8″-12″) in fabricated construction for working pressures to customer specification and flow rates up to 18000 litres/min.
Pressure Drop Curves
The curves are for water flowing through a filter without an element and for other liquids; consult Correction Factors.
Correction Factors (Filter with elements – water only.)
Multiply the pressure drops shown in chart for filter without an element by the following:
|Standard Element length|
The range of optional control devices can transform the filter into a Fully Automatic Filtering System which can provide:
- Remote warning of element clogging.
- Remote push button control.
- Time Switch/Differential Pressure Switch operation.
- Automatic Dump Valve actuation. BLADE –TYPE